Wednesday, July 20, 2011

An engineer....to be or not to be?THAT is the question!

Well,i just graduated from college last week and here i am,all jobless! NO,I am NOT unemployed!! I have a job offer but that doesn't start until October! I have like 3 months of free time and  i need to  stop lazing around and find something productive to do..

Hmm so what do i do? I actually have an interview coming up with INTEL and while it would be a huge privilege to work there,i'm left wondering if a technical job is what i really want..I mean i will do well at it if i put my mind to it but the problem is ,my heart doesn't seem to be tagging along! 
I,as a person,like anything that's colorful and vibrant and full of life! I simply cannot picture myself sitting before a computer all day and coding or designing integrated circuits and the works..these jobs pay well,sure, but are they satisfying?Will they give me happiness? These are the million dollar questions!
All these musings got me thinking about my true calling in life-what was i born to do? Was i born to waste away in front of a machine or do something that makes my heart go lalala? :D I pick the latter!

In my quest to find my true calling,i took a million quizzes and read loads of articles..most of the answers pointed to the art field..looks like i finally found my answer!! BUT, art in India is in a rather pathetic state..most artists just end up poor,selling their art for meager sums... ofcourse ,i'm not planning on becoming an artist.I lack the  patience to make fine strokes with a brush and do all that detailing..i'd much rather make something  in an hour or less and paint it in large strokes so the work is over and done with in a flash! Hmm..Maybe i ll start a handmade goodies store someday! 

However,i need quite a lump sum to start my own shop! My dad could finance me but that somehow doesn't feel right..i want the shop to completely be my own effort,financing included!
So,how to go about it? I am armed with an engineering degree so m guessing i'll work in the technical field for a few years till i earn enough capital to do what i love!! I will also continue making stuff part time and put them up on this blog!
Fingers crossed that it will all work out! :)
Oh,by the way click on this link to help you find your calling! It's pretty accurate(in my case atleast!)

Good luck! <3

2 comments:

  1. Hey,

    I read some of the write ups here, other than those facial cream and lotion product analysis.
    Nice blog. Good command over writing. With a little more efforts and continual writing, will become more pleasant and flawless.
    Good read. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete