Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Ayurveda...

                        
Okay,now I'm going to tell you guys a little about Ayurveda..
Ayurveda is essentially a culmination of diets,herbal treatments,massages and yoga to keep a  person mentally,physically and emotionally fit.
 I don't really know about its effects on my mental or emotional health (that is an issue i will deal with later :p) but i have tried a lot of  purchased Ayurvedic skin products as well as home made ones and i must say they work quite well for me !
NO, i don't have anything against all the MACs and LOREALs and the MAYBELLINEs of the world !! They probably work well too , just not on my skin !
My affair with herbs began an year ago after i tried a whole barrage of products which made my skin take a turn for the worse,and HOW!! I tried almost everything i saw in the advertisements,saw a doctor but nothing helped!
That's when i decided to do a little investigation myself..
Ayurvedic remedies mainly consist of simple kitchen ingredients (I had to sneak into the kitchen when mom wasn't looking cos she had forbidden me from experimenting on my skin and often scared me with stories about premature wrinkles ! :P).
Of course ,some remedies contain herbs with complicated names that can only be found in forests in the ghats or the Himalayas blah blah so i ignore them :P
Okay so to find out what works on your skin (and your body, duh!) , you need to know your body type...According to Ayurveda there are 3 body types -
1. vata
2. Pitta                                                                            
3. kapha
The above are called the tridoshas..you can find out what your dosha is by clicking on this link -
http://store.chopra.com/dosha-survey.asp
I'm a pitta ..and pitta has the most complicated skin! :D
What's your skin type?

No comments:

Post a Comment