Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Ohio! :D

No, I'm not talking about Ohio,Cincinnati .. I'm only saying Good Morning in Japanese! Thanks to K-on, i even say Mushi Mushi (Japanese for 'hello') sometimes when i pick up calls..Anyway, it's not technically morning now but 12:22 pm is kinda like the earliest i wake up these days..
I'm staying at my granny's place currently and i woke up to the shouts of "Snake!! SNAKE" this morning..Arggh how i HATE waking up alarmed! But anyway, the word snake caught my attention and i ran downstairs in a jiffy. My gran was all excited , staring out the backdoor like somebody had dropped a fat little baby wrapped in a pink blanket and wearing woolen booties in our backyard. I rushed out expecting something cute (I only have my granny's expressions to blame for that!)but all i found was a puny lil thing that looked more or less like chapathi dough, curled up in a corner and looking at us in a surprisingly defiant manner! I had a reverie about how i'd talk to the snake in parseltongue ala Harry Potter and lead it outside the gate and how the snake would tell me that it was a celestial messenger blah blah blah..As lame and "old" as it sounds, i actually like believing in  "superstitions" (like the snake being a celestial messenger, for eg) that are called "irrational" by our so-called modern science. Its unproven stuff like this that make the world seem like a magical place. Otherwise, everything in this world just seems so dissected and labelled and backed by "proofs". That makes everything seem so dull and prosaic and plain BORING! It's so much more interesting when some things don't have an answer..
Whoops!i diverted from the topic quite a bit.. Sorry about the digression.. Anyway coming back to the snake, the little thing kept looking at us with those hypnotizing eyes that snakes are so famous for..Granpa called the local snake catcher and he came in about ten minutes.It was only when he tried catching the snake with a hook-like instrument that we realized it was a baby Cobra! It raised its hood in all its glory and all i wanted to do then was to take a picture of it but my granny wouldn't hear of it..Its bad to take pictures of Cobras apparently. I argued that NGC and discovery channel photographers were doing just fine even after capturing ALL the snakes there are in the world ..She didn't bother replying and told me to put my phone away.. Hmph!Now these are the kind of superstitions i DON'T endorse! But everybody has their opinions. To each, his own! :)
I'm waiting for Priya, my cuz, to get home from college. She bought me a few Korean face masks yesterday and i'm VERY eager to try them on! Yeah, apart from my Japanese obsession , I also have this korean thingy going on :D Fun!

2 comments:

  1. A baby cobra???!!Damn!!You should have taken a pic and put it up here!!!!:-( Our bad luck,I guess...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah :D let's hope it visits again :D

    ReplyDelete